Westminster Assembly

Westminster Assembly

Acts 6:4

"But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the Word."

..

..

1 Timothy 4:6-16

" If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained. But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. These things command and teach. Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery. Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee." 1 Tim 4:6-16 (KJV)

"Witnessing A Loveless People" By Shane C. Montgomery

Thursday, February 3, 2011
My stomach is not what is use to be, I seem to get sick to my stomach more and more, the smallest things set it off, not sure what is going on with it, pray it is nothing serious.  This sickness is not caused by any illness, no food  sets it off and I do not believe it is any chemical or odor that sneaks into my airway and makes this upset rumbling sound, soon followed by a strong queezy feeling.  None of the usual suspects are guilty in this case.  As I grow older and closer to God, I have noticed the lack of love that exists in our country.  I am not ignorant to the truth, I know love has never been high on the list of attributes that would describe our nation, we have always had bigotry, hate, racism and many, many other social woes plaguing a nation that never seemed to live up to it's potential.  Now, before you start in on me, I never lived up to my potential either, so I have little room to talk, I understand, but to see what could have been to what the truth reveals, well....it makes me uneasy to say the least.


I am sick of many things, Republicans and Democrats fighting for one.  Neither care about their people, they say whatever will get them into office and then act as if they are American royalty!  And we let them get by with it!


  I am sick of the Rich getting Richer while the Poor get Poorer!   They rob what little the poor have, be it money, opportunity, health, dignity, and they take it for themselves,... and we let them do it!


  Self proclaimed Christians walking on the poor.  Don't say it does not happen, I witnessed it a least a dozen times the pass two days, it happens.  Those who are members of a church family, attending worship every Sunday morning, first to brag about their Religion and their church, stealing from the poor.  Taking what little they have and adding it to the overflowing pile they have already. I see them denying the poor of basic needs, just because they are in a position to inflict harm upon the poor, some sick, perverted power thing I guess.  What does God think of this?  What does God think of those thieves taking from the "Least of these" and keeping for themselves?  


  I am not speaking of myself or of my own predicaments, at least not entirely, no, just had some time to observe the world around me a little more than usual, and I do not like what I see.  Who cares? You ask?   Well, I do for one, and maybe God, yeah, I am pretty sure He does not want us treating each other like this.  You know, I have to be honest, I do not have much, we struggle often just to get by, I am not complaining, I am content with what God blesses me and my family with.  I will never complain about what God has freely given me.


  Still, my stomach just can't seem to be able to stand to witness the mistreatment of those who cannot defend themselves at the hands of those who have more than they need.  Why did God bless these type of people with the wealth they have anyway?  They are just misusing and abusing what God gives them!  Why?  Why does so many families go hungry while so many others can afford to eat out every night?   How is that fair?  Where is the justice in that?   You know, I don't know.  I can only say that the people who do these things "Have their reward already."   I can only say that these people are unregenerate people who only "claim" Christ but do not "Profess" Christ.  Big difference.  I can only say these people are not saved and born again, but rather are the worst kind of sinners, those that mislead others to believe they are something they are not.  Usually, I could care less, but when they claim my Christ and act like Satan himself, well, that is different. Then I am going to speak out.


 The world sees these "Christians" and they judge all of Christ's people this way.  That's such a shame, the "claimers" outnumber the "Professed" 1,000 to 1.  It is not hard to bend the view of the world when they can't see the true Christians for the million phonies standing in front of them!  I use to be able to handle this fact better, my stomach truly and physically gets sick now days.  I have to remove myself from the area when people control the lives of others simply because they Can!  


  There is such a lack of genuine love in this country today.  Even among believers, when their back is against the wall, it turns into ME, ME, ME.  We are so quick to forget "Love God and Love Neighbor"  When the chips are down we flip so fast it makes you wonder why we don't suffer whiplash.  We so soon forget what we read every day in Scripture, all the commands of God go out the window.  Are we truly this week and spineless when it comes to our faith and trust in Christ?  It looks like it!  When we preach one thing and live another, we show the world what liars we are, we show the world how spineless our religion is, we show the world how week Christ's hold is on His flock.  We show the world a week and powerless god instead of the Righteous, Just, Holy, Sovereign God of the Bible.


  Why do we do this?   Because we can.   Thats it.  Maybe people steal from the poor because they know they can get away with it.  The poor are easy prey, they lack the means to defend themselves, so others take the food right out of their mouths.  And we stand by and say nothing.  Christ would be proud, He died for us and we cannot bother to speak out when people stomp on those who have fallen.  


  During a routine doctors visit last year, my doctor discovered the reason for my ailments, I have a brain tumor.  Pretty cut and dry.  Not much I can do but take my treatments and pray, try to do what the doctors tell me, I know I am growing weaker everyday.  I have lost over 40 pounds these past couple of months and continue to lose weight, and hair.  I know my time here is finite.  I know I grow ever closer to worshiping in Heaven instead of my church. This gives me a peace of mind, a contentment with my condition, God will do what is best for His glory and my sanctification as a believer.  Whatever happens, I will not complain, but to be in this condition makes you sensitive to the world around you, not sure why, just does.  The world around me is nasty.  It is mean, it is loveless, it is self-centered, it is all about money.  Makes me want to throw my wallet in the toilet and flush!


  I do not want to be a part of this fallen world any longer.  I do not want to die either.  Some predicament, huh?  I can't stand to see people use, abuse and hate each other like they do.  I can't stand to see people claim Christ and all the while stick a knife in the back of their neighbor for money, even the smallest amount of money, and if not money, then for pride, or power or whatever perverted thing that has taken the place of God in their lives.   One thing is for sure, Heaven will not be as crowded as you think it is!  


    When you get sick, and I pray you never do, but if you do, you will notice things change, when you are down, on your back, too weak to fight back, people will walk on you, friends will turn their back on you, family will forget you are alive.   Insurance companies look for ways to get you out of their system, you employer will look for reasons to fire you, and your neighbors will cut your throat for your lunch money.


  It is not suppose to be this way.  God never intended this, just because He gives us common grace and lets us have some wiggle room, doesn't mean we can do what we want and forget about God.  He is still there, He still sees what we are doing.  If you ever become sick, I mean really sick, you will see these things I am saying are true, and I am sorry they are.  I wish there was something I could say to make it all go away, but there isn't, but in all of this, I can say this much.   This is when you see the line, the line that divides the true believers from the false.   I have been blessed deeply by the love shown to me and my family by so many wonderful, loving believers.  From several denominations!   Arminian as well as Reformed.  We may differ on doctrine, but you see the heart of one that truly belongs to Christ when you are on your back.  They are there!  They are always there!  They show the love of Christ, day in and day out.  And it is a beautiful thing.  To know this makes all the other things bearable.  This small sign from God that He is still there, that He yet has a remnant on this earth, that He is still in charge and that He still loves His adopted children and will take care of them, even if through His other adopted children is all more than proof enough that God is real and that Heaven is as well.  This reassurance is nice to have and a light of hope for the lost world.  This world is only as good as the remnant that remains.  To those reading this that live a Christ centered life, thanks for being faithful, thanks for trusting in Christ, thanks for professing Christ and thanks for sharing Christ.  Thanks for showing the love that can only be given by those that truly have it to begin with, the love given to them by Christ.  That is how you know. Discernment is a rare jewel.  Look for love, and there you will find Christ.


Be Holy!
Shane

0 comments:

Post a Comment