Westminster Assembly

Westminster Assembly

Acts 6:4

"But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the Word."

..

..

1 Timothy 4:6-16

" If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained. But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. These things command and teach. Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery. Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee." 1 Tim 4:6-16 (KJV)

Welcome!

Thursday, December 9, 2010


Hello Dear Read,  


  No, the picture is not of me working on this blog, but I often think this young man might do a better job than me!
   
           I thank you for visiting my blog and I hope you might be encouraged by what you read here to go out into this fallen, pagan world and be a bold witness for Christ!   Don't be afraid to speak up for Our Savior, share the Gospel with your lost friends and family and as many strangers as you can as well. Remember, faith comes from hearing and they cannot hear if we do not preach!  They wont bite, at least no one has ever bitten me when I've witnessed to them.  You might get an angry person from time to time but honestly, they are few and far between, most times people are generally interested in what you have to say and most people actually are pleased that you care enough about them to share with them.  Some will be stand offish, but give it a try, it is good to be obedient to our Father in Heaven.  Also, I hope you will take some time to read the additional pages located at the upper right hand of the page.  The page names are listed here below,



                                                               Pages


Take a few minutes and visit these pages as well, hopefully they will be of some help to you in your on going sanctification.   I try to introduce the Puritans throughout the blog and I whole heartily recommend reading the Puritans, they have aided in my personal growth and my understanding of God in great ways. Maybe they will be a blessing to you as well.  Whenever possible I will post edifying works from centuries past as well as from today.  I like to post my own writings as well, even though they come no where near the elegance  and prose of the Puritans, they might be helpful in their own way.

  I have included the Westminster Confession of Faith in which I believe is the best sum of knowledge of God outside of Holy Scripture as well as posting the Shorter and Larger Catechism along with the "Directory of Family Worship" and the "Sum of Saving Knowledge" Most of these can be found either linked on the blog or written out in their entirety in the "Pages" section.  Look for the "Scots Confession" penned by my favorite, John Knox.  

Please spend some time here with me, don't be in any hurry to run off, look around and take some time to kick back and read.    If you have any suggestions I will be honored to listen to what you have to say.

May God Continue to Sanctify You in Life!
Be Holy!
Shane C. Montgomery

0 comments:

Post a Comment